Surplus Equipment Sales Procedure
Occasionally, the PARC may identify surplus equipment that is no longer needed by the club and may chose to sell that equipment with the proceeds benefitting the club.
To ensure that any equipment is in fact "surplus and that all members have opportunity to comment on the sale, the following procedure is established. This procedure
is an addendum to the Club By-Laws.
A. Identifying Surplus Equipment
- Any club member may identify what they believe to be surplus equipment.
- The club member is required to record the equipment make/model/serial number and estimate an approximate selling price using online auctions.
B. Recommendation to the Club
- The club member will sponsor sale of the equipment at a scheduled club meeting.
- The attending members at the club meeting will be allowed comment and accept or reject terms of the proposed sale. 2/3 majority of the attending members carries the proposal
- Equipment approved for sale will be listed in club minutes.
C. Club members have first right to purchase the equipment
- 48 hours prior to sale of equipment, a burst email to all club members starts the bidding process which allows club members their first right to purchase the equipment.
- An email address will be included for member bidding.
- The club member bidding starts at 33% below the approved selling price established at the club meeting.
- After 48 hours, the highest bid by a club member is accepted.
- The club offers the buyer a 1 month warranty and a bill-of-sale.
- Make checks payable to "PARES" and deliver to the sponsor when the equipment is picked up.
- The sponsor presents the check to the club's financial officer at the next meeting.
D. Authority of the Club
- The Club may amend, suspend, or dismiss this procedure, if in the interest of the club, at any scheduled club meeting.
- Small, inexpensive, miscellaneous equipment such as that collected for Hamfest sales do not fall under this procedure.